Sail with an Olympian
AOK EVENTS IS OFFERING A SAIL WITH AN OLYMPIAN DAY
‘A fascinating day, motivating for any sort of business team’
• Join The Royal Lymington Yacht Club for a day of sailing with the Olympic Gold Medallist sailor Pippa Wilson on board a luxury 54’ yacht.
• This is a fascinating day, motivating for any sort of business team and an interesting opportunity to impress important clients with an event so unique.
• Pippa has a fascinating story; she is modest about her own achievements but speaks engagingly about the importance of the team.
• Behind the country’s most successful Olympic sport there is a strong interdisciplinary team. It is fascinating to gain an insight into this ultimate definition of a results based business!
• Pippa will join you on the yacht. With room for guests to relax in comfort there will be a perfect opportunity to spend some meaningful time with Pippa.
• You will have breakfast on arrival in the Yacht club before cruising out to the beautiful western Solent and the Needles or east towards Cowes, depending on the wind and tide.
• Lunch will be served on board , and farewell drinks will be at the Yacht Club once back ashore later in the afternoon.
• The Yachts have a capacity of 12 guests each, so for larger groups they will sail more Yachts accordingly. Pippa will move around between the yachts by Rib.
Pippa Wilson won a Gold Medal with crew mates Sarah Ayton and Sarah Webb on a Yngling at the Beijing Games in 2008. Pippa talks at a personal level about her experiences training for and leading up to the Games as well as giving a fascinating insight into the Games themselves and membership of the broader UK Olympic team. The Royal Lymington Yacht Club (Patron HRH The Princess Royal) is home to Great Britain’s most successful Olympic sailors including three times Gold medal winner Ben Ainslie.
Most guests who join have limited or no experience, so the skipper and mate onboard will be offering plenty of encouragement and guidance but absolutely no pressure!
Many clients chose to have a powerful Rib accompany the Yacht. Those who make the transfer to the Rib are guaranteed an adrenaline high like no other! An excellent way of adding ‘spice’ to an already stunning day.
Whilst lunching aboard is most popular, lunch ashore at a carefully selected yacht club or waterside restaurant is equally possible. We have excellent local knowledge and will be able to recommend venues to suit desired taste, atmosphere and budget. Soft drinks, hot drinks and snacks are served throughout the day.
You’ll usually come off the water at 16.30 and have a drinks reception in the Yacht Club. Guests can then go on to another venue to continue entertaining and have an evening meal or BBQ if desired.
All timings are flexible and these timings are indicative:
09.30 Guests arrive, breakfast at Royal Lymington Yacht Club
10.15 Meet skipper and hostess. Board Yacht
13.00 Lunch in either Cowes or Yarmouth
16.00 Afternoon tea served on board
16.30 Pimms reception at Royal Lymington Yacht Club
• Pre event planning and event management.
• Luxury yacht with skipper and mate.
• Use of Royal Lymington Yacht Club.
• Pippa Wilson – Olympic Gold medalist sailor.
• Wet weather gear together with life jackets.
• All fuel and mooring fees.
• The catering includes:
• Bacon rolls, tea and coffee on arrival.
• A delicious lunch (usually served on board).
• Wine and beer with lunch.
• Energising snacks and chocolate.
• Cake for afternoon tea.
• Celebratory Pimms ashore.
Health and Safety
• Participants are usually required to wear lifejackets whilst on the boats.
• Rib blasts
• Branded boats – yacht hulls, sails, flags, spray dodgers.
• Branded clothing – jackets, polo shirts, caps etc.
• Professional marine photographer.
• Post sailing BBQ or dinner.
• Overnight accommodation in the area.
• Coach or rail travel.
The Royal Lymington Yacht Club
- Train: Lymington Pier, 0.45 miles
- Train: Lymington Town, 0.60 miles
- Airport: Bournemouth, 13.91 miles
- Airport: Southampton, 15.46 miles